Mangoes are beautiful at this time of year. My local green grocer often sells the ripe ones at a bargain price. When he does, this dessert is on the menu. A very simple dish that is low in sugar but packs a punch in flavour.
- 50g white sugar
- 3 sprigs of mint plus a few leaves for garnish
- 1 lime, peel of
- 300g (appox 2 large)mango flesh
- 600ml cream
- Place sugar, leaves from mint and lime peel into a dry TM bowl. Mill Speed 10, 15 seconds. Set aside.
- Add mango flesh to the bowl and puree Speed 5, 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add butterfly to TM bowl, then add cream. Whip cream on Speed 4 until stiff peaks form, be careful not to over beat. Add mango and 2 tbsp of the sugar mix. Gently fold with the spatula to combine. Place into serving glasses and refrigerate until serving. Serve with a sprinkle of sugar mix and a sprig of mint