We all need a handful of meals that we can pull together in the shortest of times. Of course, having a Thermomix in your kitchen makes that task very easy. It’s the nights when I am really pushed for time that I appreciate my Thermomix the most. This marinade is one that we use often in our house. It is fast and fresh and can be served a multitude of ways.
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-2cm piece of Ginger, washed
- 10ml Tamari or soy sauce
- 10ml Oil ie Sesame
- 700g (or less) Chicken pieces - diced fillets, tenderloins, wings, drumsticks.
- Place ginger and garlic into TM bowl and chop Sp 8/5 secs
- Add oil and tamari (I don't measure, I just drizzle into the bowl).
- Add chicken pieces.
- Mix Reverse/Sp3/5secs. It's done!
- Put into a covered dish to marinade and cook when desired.
STEAMING: Using tenderloins, place in the Varoma tray with vegetables in the Varoma dish and rice in the steaming basket. Add 900ml of water and cook Varoma/16 -20 mins/Sp4. Ensure the chicken is cooked before serving.
BAKING: Using any cut of chicken, place in an oven proof dish, loosely cover with foil and bake in the oven for approx. 30 - 40 mins, 180'. Cooking time varies, depending on the cut of meat.
BBQ: Grill on the BBQ for a delicious charred flavour